Treasure Hunting Finds!!

So I should be cleaning instead of blogging but I want to share everything I found on Monday! And procrastination is my style so no worries that I have 10 people coming over for dinner tonight, I'll manage to get it all done! {fingers crossed!}

So after picking up a sick kid and dropping him back off at home with Dad, me and the baby went out on our adventure.

First we headed to Big Lots. It's not usually a store I go to. But I've seen others blog about good finds there and I just felt it calling my name. There I found...



Two very simple, yet just perfect for my daughter's room, curtain rods for $6 each! They had lots of pretty styles to choose from and I'll probably head back there soon for rods to go in the rest of my house. Window coverings can be so expensive and I see no reason to splurge on something that is just going to sit there. The Nesting Place book has taught me that! 

After Big Lots, I headed to Goodwill and Tuesday Morning. This Goodwill location I've never had much luck at and I didn't find anything that day either. Tuesday Morning is a hit or miss place sometimes and this time it was overflowing with Christmas stuff, that I'm just not ready to buy. I did pick up a black crochet infinity scarf as well as cute new pillow for my living room. 


New pillow from Tuesday Mornings

 Next we headed to lunch at ChickFilA!! Cause when you are in town you eat at the good places! Man, it stinks living in the country!

Then I dropped off a bucket of things the kids had outgrown at Once Upon A Child. When I went back to see what they'd bought from me I was lucky enough that they took quite a bit and left the store with $40 dollars in my pocket! If you've never checked that place out and have kids, do it now! They have great deals on gently used items and they will buy your gently used kid's clothes. Easier than selling them on Facebook group pages.

Then we headed to a different shopping area. Hit up another Goodwill, where I found a cute little acorn dish. It will go perfect on my mantle when I switch things from Halloween to Fall.

Goodwill Hunting Find

 Hobby Lobby price tag still on it says $17.99, I got it for a steal at $0.99!!

I also found a $5 picture frame that is the perfect size for a project in my kitchen!

Future DIY Project

This weekend I plan on spray-painting it, removing the picture inside, finding some new matting and framing recipe cards from all the amazing Grandmas we've got in our lives. I hope it turns out like I imagine it will!

Next up was Marshalls and Ross!
Marshalls Steal

New Bedding Set for quite a steal at $54. 

Treasure Hunting Find

$13 Family Rules canvas to add to my upstairs gallery wall. 

Ross Deal

$11 Trio of frames I think I want to hang in my entry way once I get finished with the Board and Battan project I have planned there. 

Once we left those stores it was almost time to head home so we ran in to Lowe's and grabbed the paint I needed to finish up the laundry room. I can't wait for Saturday so I can get started on that. Such a pretty green color! 

laundry room

There you have it! It was quite a day but with a little browsing I was able to find some great things. I can't wait to get started on all the projects so I can show you the finished projects!

Now it's time to get to prepping for the goodbye party that will kick off our weekend tonight!

What are your plans for the weekend?




Labels: ,