Thrift Store Frame Flip

So if you've been reading the blog, you'll remember when I shared my Treasure Hunting Finds, here. Today I'm going to show you how I managed a Thrift Store Flip on a gold frame I found at Goodwill Thrift Store for $5!

Thrift Store Flip

So I picked up this frame from the Goodwill a few weeks ago! I'd been looking for just the right size piece to fit on the wall space above my kitchen sink and I found it for the low price of $4.99!!! Gotta love a deal!


Thrift Store Flip

And then the frame sat in my garage for at least a week! Cause my husband just loves that sort of thing! NOT!!!! hehehe

The next time I was at a craft store I browsed the scrapbook page section and found some patterned paper I liked. I picked out two different styles and settled with this one. So I took the glass out of the frame and wrapped the board in the paper just like you would a Birthday present.

Thrift Store Flip

From there I dug out all the old recipe books and cards that I had sorted through while I was at my Dad's house this past summer. I managed to pick out three recipes that my amazing Grandma had once handwritten! My Grandma passed away while I was in high school so I love having a little piece of her in my kitchen. I get teary eyed just thinking of how much I'd love to see her with my kids! Her and my daughter, Lauren, would be best friends!

Thrift Store Flip

I love how the gold frame goes together with the paper and the old recipes but I don't have a plan for gold in my kitchen (The pulls on my cabinet doors are currently gold and I hate them and plan on changing them soon!). So I pulled out my trusty green spray paint! The same can I used to paint a different frame and turn it in to a menu board for my kitchen.

Thrift Store Flip

Then I put a few nails in the wall and hung my frame! And now I have an awesome new kitchen decoration that's very personal to me and a way to preserve the recipes and remember my late Grandmother! Way better than just having all those recipe cards shoved in a drawer in the kitchen. Totally worth the $5 for an awesome Thrift Store Flip!


Thrift Store Flip

Are your grandparents still in your life? What special things do you do so you can pass on their memory to your own children?

Labels: , ,