My Living Room Gallery Wall

Saturday night shenanigans that turn out better than expected could be an alternate title for this post! But I finally managed to take my idea off the floor and hang it on the wall! Thank you Michelle for helping to make it happen! My Living Room Gallery Wall looks great and it's not even finished completely, cause it's real life and in that, pictures stay saved on technology and not printed!

 I've been staring at this blank wall since we moved in. Dreaming of putting up a gallery wall, but only buying, and then shoving in a cabinet, the frames and things to hang up, instead of putting them on the wall. {The tv was centered with the couch so it's not centered with the wall in this picture.}
gallery wall

My original idea was to take the frames I'd bought over the last two years and make them kind of float up in a "s" or diagonal shape up the wall and around the tv. Here's the first idea I had for the gallery wall.
gallery wall

Never put it on the wall though. Then, during my Netflix marathon of Parenthood I decided I didn't like that the tv was so off-centered from the wall and scooted it over to the left about 6 inches or so. With that move all my previous ideas for the gallery wall were gone. So the frames got stacked up and shoved in a cabinet some more until inspiration struck again.
gallery wall
I laid all that on the floor and tweaked and switched and rearranged until I found what I liked. Then it stayed on my floor for a week! =) But the longer it was there the more I liked it! So Michelle ended up at my house and the kids were playing and the husbands were watching Top Gear and we hung up my Gallery Wall!!
gallery wall

gallery wall

And in the end it turned out perfect.... (even if there are still clearance tags on a frame and two that need pictures! Told you I was going to blog about real life!)
gallery wall

gallery wall

And you'll have to excuse all the extra crap on the floor, the next project of painting the main floor bathroom is already under way!!

Did you get any weekend projects done? Do you often start other projects before you are finished working on the first?

Labels: , ,