Liebster Blog Award

Liebster Blog Award

So I've been researching and learning lots of  new things in a few facebook blogging groups! I've also been meeting LOTS of new bloggers!!! It's been lots of fun! One of those people I have met is Vicky from randomlittlefaves.com. She has an awesome blog with all sorts of tidbits of life. She shares recipes, book reviews, travel experiences, blogging tips, the list goes on and on! She's basically totally awesome! And she nominated me and 8 other awesome new bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award as a way to get to know some new faces around the internet world! I read a lot of blogs already and I'm quickly realizing that there are so many more amazing people out there blogging that I ever imagined!

Here's the questions randomlittlefaves asked me...

1. What is your goal for blogging?

My goal for blogging is to stop just reading blogs and start doing! It's a way to hold myself accountable for saying that I'm going to complete a project and show that I actually made it happen. Ultimate goal for the blog is to inspire others to do the same.

2. What's your favorite Christmas memory (or tradition)? 

My favorite memory and tradition is watching A Christmas Story! I remember it playing on repeat at my grandma's house every Christmas growing up. And it's so fun to watch with the kids every year.

3. Chocolate Chip Cookies - with or without nuts?

WITHOUT!!

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world (assuming money and time were no object) where would you go and how long would you stay?

Immediate answer: I'd move back to Japan and live there for the rest of my life!!!! I LOVED living in Japan the 5 years we were there.

Secondary answer: I'd love to go spend a few weeks traveling Europe!

Third answer: Road trip around America! In 5th grade, my friend and I had mapped out a trip to visit all 48 continental states on a road trip, seeing the capital of every one and all the biggest tourist attractions in between!

5. Morning person or night person?

Night person all the way! I hate mornings! I am so slow to wake up and get moving! Luckily, my kids are too. We could all manage a schedule of 11am wake up every day of the week if the world could manage to work that out.

6. If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be and why? 

Man, this is a hard question! I could totally go with making folder machines for the laundry room, or transporters for travel or anything Jetson like. Or I could also go a little deeper and change the way people feel like the world is out to get them so everyone seems to have a "me, me, me" mentality. The thing of people thinking only about themselves. Why can't we work together a little more? It's not that hard to show a little kindness, slow down and think about your actions before jumping to conclusions and realize we are all in this together. We all have more in common than you think and everyone has something to teach and EVERYONE can always handle learning something new.

7. Who was your biggest role model when you were a kid? 

I don't remember ever having one specific role model. But if I had to choose one it would probably be my mother. She very much taught me a good work ethic and what I did and didn't want in my life.

8.  Who was your favorite teacher and why? 

My favorite teachers were always the ones who were super passionate about their subject. My physics teacher in high school was AWESOME! He loved science and he really loved all his students. My history teacher in high school too. It just really showed that he loved what he was teaching. He knew so many off the wall facts about presidents! It was fun to hear the stories he had to tell. He was my first class of the day though and like I said I'm not a morning person so I had a few detentions for his class from tardiness! My art teacher through middle school and high school was very cool too. He just let us, be us! And he gave good advice. There weren't many teachers I didn't like!

9. If I could have dinner with any famous person (dead or alive) who would it be and why? 

Oh geez! This is a hard question too! People right off the top of my head Juliette Gordon Low, Eleanor Roosevelt, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Kid President, Gandhi, Dr. Suess, Walt Disney, Oprah. The list goes on and on. I think Juliette Gordon Low is who I'd ultimately pick. I'm a Girl Scout who bleeds green! I'd love to hear about what she thinks of the direction the organization is currently taking, how she thinks it could be improved or what she loves that is currently happening and some of her experiences as a leader.

10. What's your all time favorite book?

I love to read! But I am not the type of person who can sit and read a book over and over again. Once that "movie" has played in my head it isn't any different the next time. I love The Last Lecture. It's an amazing book that will change your life! I love The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, Little House on the Prairie Series, Leadership books of all sorts (Who Moved My Cheese?, The Leadership Experience, The Women of Berkshire Hathaway, Leading with the Heart, etc.)


And the nomination goes to....

There are so many to choose I can't pick just a few so I nominate anyone who is just starting out in the blog world who is looking to have some fun. Comment below if you answer the questions and I'll add your link to this blog!

My 10 questions for you...

  1. What is your favorite quote?
  2. What chore do you hate the most? 
  3. What is your favorite time of day?
  4. If you won a million dollar lottery prize, what's the first thing you would do?
  5. What is your biggest motivation in life?
  6. Name your favorite TV show?
  7. Have you ever had a nickname? What was it? 
  8. Top 2 biggest pet peeves, what are they?
  9. Do you collect anything?
  10. If you came with a warning label, what would it say? 

Labels: